Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Judah Friedlander Thinks I'm Awesome

After posting a nice long diatribe about how New Yorkers leave celebrites alone, what do I go ahead and do on Saturday night? I get in the face of a celebrity. I am incredibly proud of myself.

I met up with Jamie, Melissa, and Jodi for some drinks on Saturday night near my apartment. I had a couple, and as I was staggering home, I noticed Judah Friedlander, the World Champion, standing in front of a comedy club near my place. I actually really like him-let's be honest, anyone who was in "American Splendor" and is on "30 Rock" can't be all that bad. So because I'd had a couple of Hoegaardens, I figured hey, Abby should see a picture of someone from "30 Rock" and I whip out my cellphone camera. In the back of my mind, Sober Jen told me to put my camera away, but Nicely Toasted Jen seemed to win out. He saw me taking the pic, and here was his reaction, luckily:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He did say hello to me, and I went a little batshit and started telling him how much I loved "30 Rock" (which I do). I then said "You're awesome!" He looked me straight in the eyes and said, totally deadpan, "No. YOU'RE awesome." You know, I kind of fell in love with him at that moment.

So it seems that I will harrass a celeb under the right circumstances. Those circumstances include but are not limited to being drunk with your friends. Sometimes I'm just really proud of myself.

No comments: