Monday, January 21, 2008

I Watch TV

And now, the latest installment of "I Watch TV!"

My latest find is the absolutely insane "Tim and Eric, Awesome Show, Great Job!" There's not really a great way to describe it other than total weirdness. Tim and Eric are clearly influenced by Python and Mr. Show (as evidenced by Bob Odenkirk's constant presence and the appearance from time to time of David Cross). They've created a slightly creepy and occasionally off-putting world where people who would normally only be found on public access live amongst the likes of Jeff Goldblum. My particular favorites include Jan and Wayne Skylar (the Only Married News Team) and everyone on the Uncle Muscles Show (as played by Weird Al), especially Casey and His Brother. "Tim and Eric" is definitely not for everyone, which is probably why I can't stop watching.

Here are two of my favorite moments from recent episodes. And of course neither features Tim or Eric.



No comments: