Saturday, June 28, 2008

That Was the Week That Was

I've made it through my first week at my new job. I'm always nervous about saying anything about where I'm working. But I will say that there's a lot of potential here. My biggest issue has been that I've felt slightly overwhelmed by the whole thing. I've been questioning whether I'm truly qualified for this. I'm in ad sales, which I really don't have any experience in, and of course I'll be working with multi-million dollar companies. Granted, I'm a lowly sales coordinator, but even so. I'm trying to pretend like I know what I'm doing, and I hope I don't get found out, because something tells me this could be a really good thing for me.

I also took a perverse pleasure in the fact that my friend gave her notice at "Rhymes With the Cat." For whatever reason Pamps (the nickname given to our ineffectual vanilla boss-a former co-worker commented that she pictured him as a giant toddler in diapers, therefore "Pamps," short for Pampers) had a hard-on for her (only in the professional sense, he saved the personal lust for a different employee). He saw her as the second coming, although no one was quite sure why. I remember when she first started less than a year ago we all made an effort to keep our negative opinions to ourselves. We wanted her to see what was going on for herself. I think we were all pretty surprised at how quickly she got it. She IM'd me earlier in the week and told me that she'd received an offer from this new company, and that she was having a lot of guilt about giving notice. I told her to erase that guilt and do what was right for her, partially because it's the truth and partially because I want to see this company get what's coming to it.

And the best news of all this week was the arrival of Maya Katherine on Wednesday. This seemed to be the longest pregnancy in history. But from all appearances, my little Taco was worth the wait. I can't wait to meet her!

No comments: