Monday, October 22, 2007

San Diego is Burning

250,000 people are being evacuated. Jen and Alanna are just two of them. Carlos is staying behind for work. Jen and Peanut are heading out to Palm Springs with Yude and Molly. I feel better knowing they're going. Jamie is apparently far enough away that she's alright, but told me she had some ash on her car and could see the smoke in the sky. If it gets bad I know she'll go too.

San Diego has become one of my favorite places to visit, not just because the Archuletas have made their home there (and JSD too). I feel extremely relaxed each time I go out there-and that's tough to do with Alanna hitting the peak of the terrible two's (as I said to Jen last time I was out there, "You know what's going to be awesome? Three!"). It's just an amazing place to be, complete with zoos, wineries, and really great people. I've been lucky enough to become friends with Jen's friends (especially Yuderson, who when I said I might be coming back in the spring threatened me with bodily harm until I said that I would definitely be coming back in the spring). It feels like another home to me.

So as cheesy as it sounds, I'm thinking about the good people of San Diego right now, and hoping this gets under control as soon as possible. And I can't wait to be back out there in a few months.

1 comment:

Jennifer-Lynn said...

Lovey-dovey, we are now looking at being here until Friday, at the least...Carlos doesn't want us back due to air quality. Beth, Karl and Liam are now here as well, along with pets, as well as our friends Ashley and Emery. At least, if we have to be displaced from home and from Carlos, it's with those we love. It makes it easier.

We love you and will keep you up to date...